How do I duplicate a card and detach the data upload from the old card so the two are independent?

How do I duplicate a card  and detach the data upload from the old card so the two are independent?

Right now when I duplicate a card when I update the data it changes the old card as well. I want the old card to be static and disregard the upload of new data on the new card.

Comments

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

There is no way to stop the card from updating if the datasource is going to continue getting refreshed. 

I think you're only option is to create a new dataset for the new card. could be identical to the old one just with a different name. Once you duplicate the card go to the new card, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Update Data and Change Dataset from the pop up. Then search for the new dataset. If you keep the field names the same as the fields in the old dataset, this should be pretty easy to do. However, if you have beast mode fields, you may have to recreate those after switching the datasources. 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@ed_datastax, did Godzilla's reply help answer your question?

• I'm afraid your solution was not quite as simple as stated but it did put me on the right track. Updating Data perpetuates the old problem. If I went to Change Dataset I was able to grab the new source file but in doing that destroyed all the work I had done to build the card. As a work around, I then hit cancel, then went into Edit Card mode and reloaded the new dataset from there. Seems as though you need to grab the new dataset through the Change Dataset mode, cancel, and then actually load it into the card through Edit Card. Long workaround for something that seems like it should be very simple.

This discussion has been closed.