How to change the owner of a App in Domo

I am trying to change the owner of the app that was used in multiple cards, I was able to change the owner of the cards and dashboards but not the app itself. The reason I want to change the app is to learn what kind of app is it and how it was designed and configured so that I can make further changes to it and to understand the back end server and API calls config.

Also How would I be able to duplicate such apps and modify as per my requirements.

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You won't be able to change the owner but you can add another user as an Admin on the asset if you go under Admin > Asset Library and select the app you have published to your instance. You can also download the code used to build the app by using the wrench icon in the upper right and selecting "Download Assets". You can then take this code and remove the ID in the manifest file, run domo publish again to get a new application id and have a copy of the app

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I'd recommend reviewing https://developer.domo.com/portal/d54m2ohkacza0-welcome as it outlines how to deploy custom apps

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You won't be able to change the owner but you can add another user as an Admin on the asset if you go under Admin > Asset Library and select the app you have published to your instance. You can also download the code used to build the app by using the wrench icon in the upper right and selecting "Download Assets". You can then take this code and remove the ID in the manifest file, run domo publish again to get a new application id and have a copy of the app

• Arthi Annadi
    Arthi Annadi Member
    edited July 9

Thank you for your response. where can I run the domo publish again? and can I copy past the code for other instances?

• Also one more question, I was able to download the assets, How do I identify the type of app that has been used for creating it?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I'd recommend reviewing https://developer.domo.com/portal/d54m2ohkacza0-welcome as it outlines how to deploy custom apps

• Thank you for sharing the documentation.