Median Value in Total Column

Options

Hey all

I'm creating a heatmap visual that compares our engineers' ticket cycle time against projects and uses the median value. When I add a total column to the graphic, the column sums the values above instead of calculating the median across all projects. Can the visual be adjusted to calculate an overall "Median"?

ref: (project names cleaned)

Best,

Sam

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited June 3 Answer ✓
    Options

No. Default aggregations in Domo are Count, Sum, Max, Min, Average.

You can use other aggregations in some chart types and for some applications, as you have shown above, but in the case you are attempting it would require a default aggregation so I don't believe it is possible.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited June 3 Answer ✓
    Options

No. Default aggregations in Domo are Count, Sum, Max, Min, Average.

You can use other aggregations in some chart types and for some applications, as you have shown above, but in the case you are attempting it would require a default aggregation so I don't believe it is possible.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• ArborRose
    Options

I agree with @ColemenWilson. That isn't currently an option. However, you may be able to create beast mode calculations for median to obtain something usable. Using engineer for one axis and project for another.

PERCENTILE_CONT(0.5) WITHIN GROUP (ORDER BY Ticket Cycle Time) OVER (PARTITION BY Engineer, Project)

across all projects..

PERCENTILE_CONT(0.5) WITHIN GROUP (ORDER BY Ticket Cycle Time)

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• Samuel.
    Samuel. Contributor
    Options

Thanks, both - I thought it might be the case that it's not possible without a finicky over/fixed calculation field.