Capturing a calculation and add the result to a new dataset.

Options

Hello everyone,

I am seeking to compute the present amount of accounts receivable at the end of each month and integrate it into a dataset. This will enable us to analyze the fluctuations in these figures on a monthly or yearly basis. However, I'm unsure about the process of capturing this output and creating a separate dataset for it.

Best Answer

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

The first solution that comes to mind would be to build an ETL that runs on a monthly schedule. You can use the appropriate tiles to count up the accounts, and use a formula tile to capture the run date. You can set the Output tile to append the new data instead of replacing it, so you don't lose the historical counts.

Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

The first solution that comes to mind would be to build an ETL that runs on a monthly schedule. You can use the appropriate tiles to count up the accounts, and use a formula tile to capture the run date. You can set the Output tile to append the new data instead of replacing it, so you don't lose the historical counts.

• Bcoughenour
    Options

I had a feeling it was going to be something easy that I was missing. Thank you Sean!