Filter NULL values within Analyzer

Options

I'm trying to built a basic table card that only shows records where the Brand attribute is NULL. I know for a fact that there are records that meet this criteria in my data set, as shown in the image below.

What's puzzling is that when I apply the filter, it doesn't return any records.

The filter works as it should for every other Brand, just not a blank field. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited January 10 Answer ✓
    Options

Domo can’t recognize a filter to show null records. The easiest thing to do is create a new field with a beastmode that is something like this:

CASE WHEN Brand IS NOT NULL THEN Brand ELSE ‘null’ END

Null values will then be replaced with the word Null and you can apply the filter as you would normally.

you could also use IFNULL() or COALESCE() functions to accomplish the same thing.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@leaflove if you don't want to create a new field you could also do the same thing in your ETL. Using the formula tile just do ifnull(`Brand`, 'Blank') and then you can filter on Blank.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited January 10 Answer ✓
    Options

Domo can’t recognize a filter to show null records. The easiest thing to do is create a new field with a beastmode that is something like this:

CASE WHEN Brand IS NOT NULL THEN Brand ELSE ‘null’ END

Null values will then be replaced with the word Null and you can apply the filter as you would normally.

you could also use IFNULL() or COALESCE() functions to accomplish the same thing.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@leaflove if you don't want to create a new field you could also do the same thing in your ETL. Using the formula tile just do ifnull(`Brand`, 'Blank') and then you can filter on Blank.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!