Domo Workbench Stopped Working

Options

I've submitted a support ticket, but am trying my luck here. I have a Workbench that is no longer able to connect to Domo. This behavior began when we recycled our servers—so I'm assuming an update happened (either Domo or OS) that broke something.

I was going to reinstall Domo Workbench—but worried it will mess up all my jobs.

Further rootcausing:

When I test the connection, I'm getting a partial message "There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/WorkbenchPipe that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present"

I cannot see beyond because the message doesn't wrap. It is throwing the following error in the Log: (LanguageInfo.json file doesn't exist)

Log Level Timestamp Job ID Message
ERROR Jun 14, 2023 12:00:07 AM "Could not load language info file.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Domo\Workbench\LanguageInfo.json'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files\Domo\Workbench\LanguageInfo.json'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at WorkbenchSDK.Localization.LanguageInfoFile.Load() in C:\jenkins\workspace\rkbenchBuild_release-2022-winter\WorkbenchSDK\Localization\LanguageInfoFile.cs:line 29"

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@donna_torrice - Domo stores your job definitions externally so if you're reinstalling Workbench they should re-appear after installation assuming the server information remains the same. If you're still worried about losing your jobs you can export your jobs in workbench before you do an upgrade however if you attempt to re-import these job definitions it will create new jobs and new datasets so you would need to clean up your instance. I've asked to have Workbench allow me to re-import the same definition and job id to avoid this but it hasn't been on the roadmap.

Alternatively if you need to install Workbench on a new server and do a migration you can follow these steps:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4407023681559?language=en_US

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantStowell
    GrantStowell Domo Moderator
    Options

Hey donna_torrice,

Sorry you haven't received a response yet. Looks like this question may be beyond the scope of the community's knowledge. Glad you've already submitted a support ticket so you can find a solution. Once you've discovered how to solve your problem, please leave the solution in this comment section so other users who run into a similar problem can find the answer. Good luck!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@donna_torrice - Domo stores your job definitions externally so if you're reinstalling Workbench they should re-appear after installation assuming the server information remains the same. If you're still worried about losing your jobs you can export your jobs in workbench before you do an upgrade however if you attempt to re-import these job definitions it will create new jobs and new datasets so you would need to clean up your instance. I've asked to have Workbench allow me to re-import the same definition and job id to avoid this but it hasn't been on the roadmap.

Alternatively if you need to install Workbench on a new server and do a migration you can follow these steps:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4407023681559?language=en_US

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • donna_torrice
    Options

Thank you!

I reinstalled last night and thankfully all my jobs are there. Not sure what got corrupted when we bounced our servers. I did have "automatic updates" turned on in Domo Workbench. I have turned that off now as I'm guessing somehow some updates were sitting there until we recycled. From now on I'll control when we update the service and the client.

Agree—I had to move a Workbench to another server. Even though I imported, I had to replace those datasets in my instance. Domo does have a sandbox that you can copy and move (I was told).

• donna_torrice
    Options

@GrantSmith …thank you! I've saved that link for migration.