Domo Search API?

Options
DomoDork
DomoDork Contributor
edited June 2023 in APIs & Domo Developer

Hi All,

I'm working on a dynamic landing page and I am trying to make a 'universal search' within a Domo brick where users can type in whatever they are looking for and return back cards/dashboards that are relevant to their area of the business. I realize Domo already has a search, but I want to build off of that same search (at least the json data it returns), with some tweaks to better personalize and target specific content to end-users.

I've tried to use the search API that I found via network inspection:

https://xxxxxxx.domo.com/api/search/v1/query

It works fine if I use the full URL via postman. But if I attempt to use just the '/search/v1/query' part as you would in a domo brick (as it already knows what instance you're in), I get a 404 error.

Does anyone know of any alternate search API endpoints I can try out?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

404 is the not found error. From the documentation, it seems Domo Bricks currently only supports getting data through either the SQL Endpoint or the Data Endpoint, not the Search one you're trying to leverage here. You might be able to work around this if you can use a different library to perform the call to the search endpoint, but no clue on how to do this.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Are you including the 'api' portion of your url in your request?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor
    Options

Hey Grant - No. Usually in a brick you can skip that. Just for the sake of trying I've tried with and without it.

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

404 is the not found error. From the documentation, it seems Domo Bricks currently only supports getting data through either the SQL Endpoint or the Data Endpoint, not the Search one you're trying to leverage here. You might be able to work around this if you can use a different library to perform the call to the search endpoint, but no clue on how to do this.

• DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor
    Options

@marcel_luthi Thanks. I figured as much. It's not a documented API endpoint so I figured why not try to give it a shot and see if it works anyway. It's unfortunate because had it worked, it would have saved me so much time since I wouldn't have to go off and develop a bunch of ETL's bringing a bunch of governance data together to mimic a similar style search thats already built into Domo. All I wanted was that sweet JSON response data. It had everything I needed in one big ole object that I could've parsed through to display on my Domo brick.

Ah well, at least we tried :D

Have a wonderful day!