Workbench Job changing Date values

Options

I have a Job that is publishing a Date/Time format. When I run Preview, the Date is 04/28/2023 00:00:00. But when I execute the Job, Domo is converting the Date to 4/27/2023 08:00:00.

I'm guessing the 00:00:00 is a potential problem—but why not error versus changing value?

This was working appropriately and just recently started this behavior. Does anyone know why Domo would change a data element's value? This date should never be changed or interpreted.

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have a transform in your Workbench job? Domo assumes UTC when pulling in the data and will then convert to your company time when viewing the dataset in Domo or in a visualization. If your source dataset is something other than UTC you'll want to configure a transform in your Workbench job to convert your timezone on your dates.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@donna_torrice I second @GrantSmith's comment. If you recently changed your instance timezone that may explain the sudden change in your Workbench datasets

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have a transform in your Workbench job? Domo assumes UTC when pulling in the data and will then convert to your company time when viewing the dataset in Domo or in a visualization. If your source dataset is something other than UTC you'll want to configure a transform in your Workbench job to convert your timezone on your dates.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@donna_torrice I second @GrantSmith's comment. If you recently changed your instance timezone that may explain the sudden change in your Workbench datasets

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

I would recommend changing your data type on the schema tab in your workbench job from date/time to date. This will keep Domo from changing the date because it won't try and adjust your time since there is no time on a date data type.

Basically, if you aren't using the time element of the datetime field, change your data type to date.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • donna_torrice
    Options

Thank you!! We recently put them on a schedule. That's probably it. We have it set to run EDT in the Workbench, but our instance may be set for UTC. That would be why there's a 4 hour diff.

• donna_torrice
    Options

@MarkSnodgrass —great idea! Thank you.