Nested joins in Data Fusion

Can someone please help me to understand how to build nested joins using Data fusion? Should the links be added in a single data fusion or should i use nested data fusion?

Comments

• @user052647

You should probably stop using Fusions and switch over to using Data Set Views as soon as reasonable.

Fusions and DSVs use the same technical underpinnings, so I like to frame DataSet Views as an improved UI for Fusions.

With DSVs you can JOIN Fusions on Fusions. Keep in mind a Fusion is the same as a VIEW in a SQL database, so nesting VIEWs can have performance implications at massive scale. For smaller datasets (particularly when you're compressing your row count with a GROUP BY clause, Domo's database layer (Adrenaline) seems to cope pretty well.

If you have performance problems you can always refer to Domo support and they can do some behind the scenes engineering.

If you want to get nerdy about it, I cover some of the performance optimization stuff in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSYbI4H8sg&t=1s

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"