Documentation on Dataset REST API for query?

Options

I am using the following REST API against a dataset. Is there documentation on the sql sent as content via the POST method? Anything at all? I don't know the extent of what I can put into that statement around building beyond simple WHERE clauses, GROUP BY, etc. I need to know if there are any advanced functions.

POST https://api.domo.com/v1/datasets/query/execute/ce79d23f-ef7d-4318-9787-ebde54a8c5b4

Accept: application/json

Authorization: bearer <your-valid-oauth-access-token>

{"sql": "SELECT * FROM table"}

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

I'm not sure there is a limitation in the sql you can construct other than it is using mysql 5.6 and I've read about a limitation of 1 million rows. I agree that expanded documentation in this area would be helpful.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

@MarkSnodgrass i don't think the user is talking about dataflows.

but to your question, @mward_meetveracity , that query gets translated into DQL (domo query language) which then gets passed as a query to the Adrenaline data layer.

given that Adrenaline dataflows and dataset views are relatively robust, it's probably safe to assume that most of the stuff you would reasonably expect an API to do when querying data is possible. That said, if you need more sophisticated stuff, just build a dataset view. then SELECT * against the DSV.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"