Initial Card Selection Settings

Every time I create a new card, the card opens with a set of pre-filled settings (a chart type selection, X-axis and Y-axis variables selected, a Summary Number selected). I have to un-click these selections each time before I begin building my card

Is there a way to turn off these auto-filled selections? I looked underneath Admin --> Card settings, but was unable to find anything.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately not. I think it is Domo's way to give you a quick glimpse of what the card will look like, even though it rarely correctly selects the fields that you intend to use. You can turn off the auto preview option when in the Analyzer, which will make it quicker for you to change what fields you want to include in your chart and it doesn't try and render the results each time you change a field.

Your idea is a useful suggestion to include in the Ideas Exchange section of the Dojo and see if they could incorporate that setting per user.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately not. I think it is Domo's way to give you a quick glimpse of what the card will look like, even though it rarely correctly selects the fields that you intend to use. You can turn off the auto preview option when in the Analyzer, which will make it quicker for you to change what fields you want to include in your chart and it doesn't try and render the results each time you change a field.

Your idea is a useful suggestion to include in the Ideas Exchange section of the Dojo and see if they could incorporate that setting per user.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Good call, I'll write something up for over there. Thank you for the response.