What is the maximum number of columns allowed in a dataset ?

Hi,

I am trying to upload some survey data via excel into Domo, I am exceeding the allowed limit and need to understand how I can get around this.

Can I split the data and rejoin in ETL or will I face the same problem when I attempt to join ?

Thanks,

Cathy

Answers

• Yes, you can split your data and rejoin the data in Magic ETL. You might also want to look make use of the select columns tile while you are in the ETL and remove columns that you don't think will be used, or branch columns off into separate datasets. Keep in mind, if you want to use a table card, that card type is limited to 100 columns.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @cathynewton there is a default limit; however, if you contact support they can help you / lift the limit.

That said, in my experience, you never need more than a hundred columns unless your data is structured poorly. If you data is structured poorly, then it probably makes sense to restructure it before you pull it into Domo.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"