Changing URL to text

I have a report from Salesforce that I moved into DOMO. In this report, there is a Website column, which acts as a hyperlink instead of text. However, I just want the text portion of the column, not the hyperlink. Whenever I export it as a .csv, the column changes to text but has a lot of other nonsense along with it. Is there a way in DOMO, whether through a dataflow or Beast Mode, that I can change the hyperlink column to plain text before exporting it?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Can you post an example of what is in that cell? Is it something like <a href=....>link name</a> ? You could write a beast mode to extract the portion in between the HMTL tags if that is what is in there, but I would need to see an example of what is there for sure.

Also, are you using the HTML table card right now? That is designed to automatically interpret HTML tags. Switching to a mega table would disable that, but the HTML would be showing to the user which would still need to be cleaned up.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Can you post an example of what is in that cell? Is it something like <a href=....>link name</a> ? You could write a beast mode to extract the portion in between the HMTL tags if that is what is in there, but I would need to see an example of what is there for sure.

Also, are you using the HTML table card right now? That is designed to automatically interpret HTML tags. Switching to a mega table would disable that, but the HTML would be showing to the user which would still need to be cleaned up.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ooof that's not as easy as it sounds...

IF you know you can always trim the first n characters you and the last n characters, you could use LEFT(), RIGHT(), and SUBSTRING or INSTRING() to just keep the middle, https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Dataflows/Fun-with-string-functions/td-p/32507

If the length of the tags you want to remove varies, you may have to write a more robust function.

https://forums.mysql.com/read.php?52,177343,177985

in a MySQL dataflow and then call the function.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Switching to an HTML table fixed it! Now when I export it, the URLs are unchanged. Thank you so much!

This discussion has been closed.