Internal Server Error (HTTP 500) when utilizing DomoR Plugin

Have code that connects an API and domo using DomoR Plugin, which has stopped working.

Getting the error message: Internal Server Error (HTTP 500).

Am not seeing what could have caused this issue, have tried removing some columns. The issue is with the dataframe, as I can import a different dataframe using the same connection. Wondering if there are limits for the dataframe listed somewhere?

Comments

• https://knowledge.domo.com/Prepare/Magic_Transforms/DomoR_Plugin/DomoR_Usage

I assume you're using a fetch() and just dataset_ID

... dumb question, the access token you're using, have you confirmed that it has access to that dataset? 

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • It isn't an issue with the access token. No, it isn't just using fetch().. this is for an import into Domo. Uses a DomoR::replace_ds(). As I said in the post, the replace works with different datasets, it is only one dataset that started throwing the 500 error. Wondering if there are reasons a dataset wouldn't import (like character limits? special character limits?). I can't find any documentation online.

Why is it a dumb question? @jaeW_at_Onyx 

• Sorry. I'm asking the dumb question re:access token.  yours is perfectly reasonable.  

I think i'm misunderstanding your use case.  you're trying to send data back to Domo?

Replace_ds according to documentation is for updating a dataset IN Domo  https://rdrr.io/github/domoinc-r/DomoR/man/replace_ds.html

You could try to run each function one at a time to see where it falls apart.

https://rdrr.io/github/domoinc-r/DomoR/src/R/replace_ds.R

if you use replace_ds and send a dataframe of just two columns with dummy data to the same ds_id, does it execute successfully?

do you have ownership of the dataset in Domo / permission to alter the schema?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I think i'm misunderstanding your use case.  you're trying to send data back to Domo? Yes

if you use replace_ds and send a dataframe of just two columns with dummy data to the same ds_id, does it execute successfully? Yes, that is correct.

do you have ownership of the dataset in Domo / permission to alter the schema? Yes, I do

The connection will update the data in domo, if I include dummy data (like you suggested), so the issue seems to be specific to the data. I have tried a few tweaks to get an import to happen (excluding some columns, adjusting inputs with a high number of characters), but none of the tweaks are making the dataset import. Don't know if there is guidance anywhere on specifications for import (like character limits), but was hoping someone may know where I could find that.