Decimals with more than 2 points

I have a file that calculates adjustments to salesperson goals. Occasionally the adjustments we make are less than a full day (-1) and end up involving more than 2 decimal points. 

In this case, I have 1.0669 which needs to stay as 1.0669, but is being converted to 1.07 in workbench. I have tried even uploading this column as a string and converting it to a decimal (tried decimal and decimal fixed-no difference) in the ETL and it always converts to 1.07 - throwing the sales goals off ever so slightly. This matters for what we are doing. What can I do, outside of formatting this in SQL and not the ETL, if anything, to keep the full decimal?

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@MarkSnodgrass  is defo right to check the datatypes assigned in the Schema.

Keep in mind that in your SELECT statement if you divide an INT by another INT (integer) it can also truncate decimals, so make sure you're following the rules of how SQL works and assign an appropriate datatype.

Also, the Domo UI can be a little ... tricky... shall we say.  After the data is ingested, you can also try downloading the data or looking at it in a card or sumo table to test whether the data has actually been truncated.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• On the schema tab in the dataset job in workbench, what data type is Domo assigning to it?

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Keep in mind that in your SELECT statement if you divide an INT by another INT (integer) it can also truncate decimals, so make sure you're following the rules of how SQL works and assign an appropriate datatype.

Also, the Domo UI can be a little ... tricky... shall we say.  After the data is ingested, you can also try downloading the data or looking at it in a card or sumo table to test whether the data has actually been truncated.

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Decimal. 

@MarkSnodgrass wrote:

On the schema tab in the dataset job in workbench, what data type is Domo assigning to it?

• @jaeW_at_Onyx wrote:

That was it. The data was there, just needed to download to see it. Thank you!

• Awesome, please mark solution answers if appropriate!  Glad to help!

Jae Wilson