How to delete blank rows in a data set

Options

I have a table which I've sorted by the count of a particular column. However, the column that is sorted at the top is one that has nothing but blank data in it. How would I create a beast mode to remove this field. (Please see photo below.)

I've tried to create a beast mode that does this: 

(CASE
WHEN `NonDirectionalCityPair` IS NOT NULL THEN `NonDirectionalCityPair`
END)

However it appears to do nothing. I thought that the DOMO Dojo column here: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Card-Building/Delete-Blank-Rows-in-Table-Chart/td-p/25486 would help me but no luck. Any help would be great. Here's that image:

blank_field.PNG

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you're wanting to remove those rows you should use the filter option on your card to ignore records where the value is null.

If you want to leave it in and give it a default value instead you could use a beast mode like:

CASE
    WHEN `NonDirectionalCityPair` IS NOT NULL THEN `NonDirectionalCityPair` ELSE 'DEFAULT VALUE'
    END

In your example without the ELSE clause it will return NULL if the value is not NOT NULL (aka just NULL) so it actually isn't doing anything except making your field logic more complex.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you're wanting to remove those rows you should use the filter option on your card to ignore records where the value is null.

If you want to leave it in and give it a default value instead you could use a beast mode like:

CASE
    WHEN `NonDirectionalCityPair` IS NOT NULL THEN `NonDirectionalCityPair` ELSE 'DEFAULT VALUE'
    END

In your example without the ELSE clause it will return NULL if the value is not NOT NULL (aka just NULL) so it actually isn't doing anything except making your field logic more complex.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**