Beast Mode works but not in Summary

I have created a beastmode calculation to show as my summary. The calculation works, however when I select it to show as a summary number it returns "No Summary Number".

My beast mode is:

CONCAT(ROUND(AVG(CASE
when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'on-time' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'live' then ABS(`Live Turn Time Data`)
when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'late' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'live' then ABS(`Live Late Turn Time Data`)
END)), ' AVG "Live" Turn Time (Min) |',

ROUND(AVG(CASE
when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'on-time' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'drop' then ABS(`Drop Turn Time Data`)
when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'late' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'drop' then ABS(`Drop Late Turn Time Data`)
END)), ' AVG "Drop" Turn Time (Min)')

Best Answer

• tadashii
    tadashii Member
    Answer ✓

Using my own dataset, I can get the beast calc to show in the summary value:

The difference is I moved the ABS to the front. Hope that helps

CONCAT(
    round(abs(avg(case when (`Account Name`) = 'Units' then `Value` end )),0) , ' Units | ' ,
    round(abs(avg(case when (`Account Name`) = 'Price' then `Value` end )),2) , ' ($) |'
    )

In your case, try the below .. let me know if that works 

CONCAT(
    ROUND(abs(AVG(CASE
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'on-time' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'live' then (`Live Turn Time Data`)
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'late' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'live' then (`Live Late Turn Time Data
    END))), ' AVG "Live" Turn Time (Min) |',
    ROUND(abs(AVG(CASE
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'on-time' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'drop' then (`Drop Turn Time Data`)
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'late' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'drop' then (`Drop Late Turn Time Data`)END))), ' AVG "Drop" Turn Time (Min)')

beast mode.png

Answers

• Save the card as is with the BM in there,  Close your browser and try again,  The code looks ok and contains an aggregation..and if it runs in like a table or something it should work on sum num,

• Thank you for the input. I did close the browser and re-try, but no luck. 

I should clarify something on my best mode. The formula does not seem to contain any syntax errors and I have validated the calculation within the beast mode itself. It does not, however, return any data when the card is in table form. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

• tadashii
    tadashii Member
    Answer ✓

Using my own dataset, I can get the beast calc to show in the summary value:

The difference is I moved the ABS to the front. Hope that helps

CONCAT(
    round(abs(avg(case when (`Account Name`) = 'Units' then `Value` end )),0) , ' Units | ' ,
    round(abs(avg(case when (`Account Name`) = 'Price' then `Value` end )),2) , ' ($) |'
    )

In your case, try the below .. let me know if that works 

CONCAT(
    ROUND(abs(AVG(CASE
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'on-time' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'live' then (`Live Turn Time Data`)
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'late' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'live' then (`Live Late Turn Time Data
    END))), ' AVG "Live" Turn Time (Min) |',
    ROUND(abs(AVG(CASE
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'on-time' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'drop' then (`Drop Turn Time Data`)
    when LOWER(`On-Time or Late`) = 'late' and LOWER(`Drop/Live`) = 'drop' then (`Drop Late Turn Time Data`)END))), ' AVG "Drop" Turn Time (Min)')

beast mode.png

• Good catch @tadashii 

• Thank you so very much Tadashii!

• In hindsight, the ABS should be placed after AVG so that you can average the absolute numbers correctly  ?

ROUND(AVG(ABS(CASE