Unable to retrieve datasets - got Error message Infrastructure problem (403): Access is denied

I am trying to retrive the dataset but the response is Access denied.

API Endpoint : https://api.domo.com/v1/datasets/{DATASET_ID}

Response:

{

"status": 400,
"statusReason": "Bad Request",
"message": "Infrastructure problem (403): Access is denied",
"toe": "XXXXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX"
}

Any idea why i am getting the 400 Reponse ?

Comments

• I'm getting the same error.

Help.

• I'm not sure the steps your using when calling the API endpoint, but I can share what i've had success with. I was recieving the 400 error as well. 

Step 1: Create a client within the developer portal under my account "new client". (assuming you already did, just trying to help others)

Step 2: Navigate to the below URL and enter the Client ID and Secret.

https://developer.domo.com/explorer#!/auth

• Once you enter the Client ID and Secret, you will see your Authorization code within the Request box.
      • Example: 
        Authorization: Basic YWZ3ZWY6yourcodehere
      • Note: I was getting the error calling the endpoint using the response token, it expires. I decited instead to use .JS and request a new token each time the endpoint is called, using the above Authorization code (it doesn't change).

Example:

var tokenOptions = {
    "method": "GET",
    "hostname": "api.domo.com",
    "port": null,
    "path": "/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials&scope=data%20user",
    "headers": {
    "Accept":"application/json",
    "Authorization": "Basic EnterYourTokenHere" 
    }};

Step 3: Create a script that will call the above endpoint using the Request authorization code. Once the call completes, capture the response token and call the secondary datasets endpoint. The response will include a JSON containing the DS listing. 

I hope this helps with testing your access. Attached is the code I used to call the datasets, just add your authorization code. 

Neil Black

• I'm not sure the steps you're using when calling the API endpoint, but I can share what i've had success with. I was recieving the 400 error as well. 

Step 1: Create a client within the developer portal under my account "new client". (assuming you already did, just trying to help others)

Step 2: Navigate to the below URL and enter the Client ID and Secret.

https://developer.domo.com/explorer#!/auth

• Once you enter the Client ID and Secret, you will see your Authorization code within the Request box.
      • Example: 
        Authorization: Basic YWZ3ZWY6yourcodehere
      • Note: I was getting the error calling the endpoint using the response token, it expires. I decited instead to use .JS and request a new token each time the endpoint is called, using the above Authorization code (it doesn't change).

Example:

var tokenOptions = {
    "method": "GET",
    "hostname": "api.domo.com",
    "port": null,
    "path": "/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials&scope=data%20user",
    "headers": {
    "Accept":"application/json",
    "Authorization": "Basic EnterYourTokenHere" 
    }};

Step 3: Create a script that will call the above endpoint using the Request authorization code. Once the call completes, capture the response token and call the secondary datasets endpoint. The response will include a JSON containing the DS listing. 

I hope this helps with testing your access. Attached is the code I used to call the datasets, just add your authorization code. 

Neil Black

• Same issue here.  Any help would be appreciated.  I just cannot get the dataset (schema) although I can get the data.  I have tried updating my client scope but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.