Create a "Latest Available Date" selection for page level and card level filters.

I know I can do a max (`datefield`) over () in a beastmode, but this only works for card level filtering and not page level filtering due to the fact that this is an aggregation beast mode. For the page level, it requires a rank and window in a dataflow. Both of these work arounds break any smart text that would refer to the time range that is being referred to, plus, if it is a filter at the card level, there's no way to override this at the page level if someone doesn't want to look at the latest available data.

I have had several instances where this would be helpful due to latency in data updating where the previous day / week / month, etc. isn't available yet (ex. data for weeks Monday through Saturday don't update until the following Tuesday due to latency in availability), so I'd like to display the latest available. In the date selection drop down in the top right of the analyzer, it would be nice to have a "latest" section that is similar to the "previous" section. This would also be a nice features to have at the page level date selection as well.

I believe that there would be enough use cases for this to justify having it as an out-of-the-box option in the date filtering sections.

Tagged:
1 votes