Partitioning in Beast Mode not Working Properly

I am hoping someone can tell me a simple fix for why my beast mode calculation is returning an incorrect value. What I am doing is not too complicated, but it is not working and I could use some guidance because I am new to Domo.

I have created a column to show the total amount by Quarter using the following calculation:

This is working properly and yields the correct result, which is the total value of the Amount USD for that particular quarter based on the value in the Quarter ID column . However, I want to do this EXACT calculation, only I want the partition to be the PRIOR QUARTER, using the below calculation:

The problem is that the columns yield the SAME result and I have no idea why. See Below:

Quarter ID and Prior Quarter are not the same value FYI:

Any insight as to why this could be?

Best Answer

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor
    Answer ✓

If the Quarter ID is "2019 Q4", is there ever any other Prior Quarter value besides "2018 Q4"? If not, then it's logical that the Total Amounts are the same since the same rows are being aggregated.

Answers

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor
    Answer ✓

If the Quarter ID is "2019 Q4", is there ever any other Prior Quarter value besides "2018 Q4"? If not, then it's logical that the Total Amounts are the same since the same rows are being aggregated.