Running Total Beast Mode

Options

Hi DOMO Community,

I am working on a project where I need to look at running totals. I have the following beast mode function written out and it seems to be working properly so far:

Now, I want to try to fill any null cells. My original approach for this was to create a new beast mode called Incurred During Period where I take the Line Amount when it is populated and 0 when it is NULL:

I then used this value in my running total calculation instead of SUM of Line Amount:

However, this did not seem to fill the values in the way I had expected, and I see the exact same table as before the change was made:

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can correctly fill my NULL cells?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Makes sense. You might try wrapping an IFNULL function around your entire running total function

IFNULL(

,0)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Have you considered using the Chart Property "Fill empty data cells with 0"? It is under General in the Pivot Table card.

• ryangreiner9
    Options

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response, but this doesn't quite do what I am looking for. This fills all empty cells with 0, including my running total. I'm less concerned with seeing zeros under incurred during period as I am with seeing the actual running total, even if there was nothing incurred that period.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Makes sense. You might try wrapping an IFNULL function around your entire running total function

IFNULL(

,0)