What Role/Grant is required for MS Office Add-ins?

Options

I have not tested lately, but a while ago I believe it was required that a user had to be an editor to use MS Office Add-ins. Is that still the same today? Can "Participant" users extract data from Domo to Excel or can I create a custom role? I don't see a specific Grant for MS Office Add-ins so I was wondering which one it utilizes for permissions.

Best Answer

• bdetcher
    bdetcher Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks @ArborRose . I was referring to the basic functionality of extracting card data to an excel file. I found a user in our company and tested the add-in from a participant level and they were able to install the add-in and extract data from a card they had access to. I think my confusion came from the old plug-in feature.

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

I think it would depend upon the specific functionality and actions that the add-in performs.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• bdetcher
    bdetcher Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks @ArborRose . I was referring to the basic functionality of extracting card data to an excel file. I found a user in our company and tested the add-in from a participant level and they were able to install the add-in and extract data from a card they had access to. I think my confusion came from the old plug-in feature.