AirTable connector import thumbnails

Options
mlopp
mlopp Member
edited March 27 in Connectors

I have a dataset in AirTable that has a column of thumbnails. The column essentially contains the url of the thumbnail and is a pretty long string, but not over the 1024-character limit. When I import into Domo using the AirTable connector, the url doesn't come through, just shows up as "List."

I can download the csv of my AirTable view and then upload into Domo and the url appears just fine. How can I make the connector work? Below is an example of what the field contains.

51e592-c3e7-424c-a4ae-64b896a05-91fe3018.jpeg?auto=format%2Ccompress&fit=crop&h=720&q=75&w=1280 (https://v5.airtableusercontent.com/v3/u/27/27/171156960000/Mu685nPemp0n_E-Ce79mHQ/3WFjuDeIDFhJqro0tEOFzE7rGS_b376l40snJvaoPjs-TxBBvH8FvfZ4xDa7_hXMq5lzGu3GZjNyWE4NTboQVUG8h4-ZqJWADEbdaINFqCsZXi884Py2EHyB1uN-mqTuRSOmrcSws46J1q-yvjuCEf-ZCsiN4liyoCDx7AsXO9aq25VOZJqv1K9ftAgDVM3nHKkm3sWsA3Qzat-bTyjPqtU_niByJPAVh9Y_MnoxEPIxTubUvHeiE_tMsid/Q1TAv0sG05ckyTo18k7225Lq2OTHHzZD0bY3SAiM)

Tagged:

Best Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like the Domo connector was probably built poorly and doesn't include it. I'd suggest using the JSON No Code OAuth connector and just using AirTable's API to build a request yourself. You can test the API in Domo or in a tool like Postman first to see if the URL field returns correctly.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'd agree with @brycec, the Domo connector isn't flattening your data so it's returning List as the value instead of breaking out each of the values within the list in the JSON. Use the JSON No Code connector to format the data as you need.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like the Domo connector was probably built poorly and doesn't include it. I'd suggest using the JSON No Code OAuth connector and just using AirTable's API to build a request yourself. You can test the API in Domo or in a tool like Postman first to see if the URL field returns correctly.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'd agree with @brycec, the Domo connector isn't flattening your data so it's returning List as the value instead of breaking out each of the values within the list in the JSON. Use the JSON No Code connector to format the data as you need.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • mlopp
    mlopp Member
    Options

Update: Turns out I just needed to check this box in the connector settings and it gives me url, width, height, etc.