Using Fixed Function with Filter None but don't want to use the By argument.

Options

Hi,
I have a SITE column. This column itself I have taken as a interactive filter. I want the total unique count of sites irrespective of what I chose in the filter.

Don't want to use By because I want the overall count of sites. This is giving processing error when I am filtering out some sites.

I am using something like this
SUM(COUNT(DISTINCT Sitename) FIXED (FILTER NONE))

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried using BY Sitename to see if it works? FIXED will generally perform a double aggregation, one at the level you specify in the BY clause and then the surrounding one at whatever level you're displaying in the card.
    If the goal is to have a card in a dashboard that only shows this, then you could instead control which filters apply to that card at the dashboard level instead, so when using the interactive filter this one card will not be filtered, while the others will.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried using BY Sitename to see if it works? FIXED will generally perform a double aggregation, one at the level you specify in the BY clause and then the surrounding one at whatever level you're displaying in the card.
    If the goal is to have a card in a dashboard that only shows this, then you could instead control which filters apply to that card at the dashboard level instead, so when using the interactive filter this one card will not be filtered, while the others will.

• ayushnath
    Options

By Sitename doesn't work. It doesn't give overall number of sites present.