Sum of Specific Expense Type

Options

I have 5 different Expense Category and want to bring the sum of a specific expense category. What should be the formula

Best Answer

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try

sum(case when Parent Expense Category Name= 'P-CARD' THEN Transaction Amount END)

When working with pivot tables, I find it easier to re-structure the underlying dataset to get the desired pivot format. Beast modes can be a hit-or miss when the goal is to display a customized calculation in a pivot table.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Depending on what you are actually displaying, you could simply drag your expense category into the filters and filter to that specific category.

If you need to still show the other categories, you can create a beast mode that only sums that category like this:

SUM(CASE WHEN category = 'mycategory' THEN valuefield END)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Sathish_Kanna
    Options

CASE WHEN Parent Expense Category Name= 'P-CARD' THEN SUM(Transaction Amount) END this formula gives me the sum at a total level. IN the pivot table I have the business segment and the function for which the individual values do not show up.

So basically I want the expense category numbers total by Business function level too in the pivot.

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try

sum(case when Parent Expense Category Name= 'P-CARD' THEN Transaction Amount END)

When working with pivot tables, I find it easier to re-structure the underlying dataset to get the desired pivot format. Beast modes can be a hit-or miss when the goal is to display a customized calculation in a pivot table.