Map - Click on symbol to open a website

Options

Hi All,

hope you are doing fine.

I have created a symbol map in Domo. Next think I want to do is to click on symbol (circle or bubble) and it should open a website. In my data set I have a field called link, that contains the full URL.

How can I do it?

Any hints are welcome :)

Best regards

Dybi

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

For #1, you need to change the interaction filters for the card in your dashboard settings.

For #2, the chart uses the series for the filter for drilling. You would need to have your city in your series for it to filter like you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

The maps don't natively allow you to click on a symbol and go to a website. You would need to add a drill path and have a table card as your drill path card. In the table card, you can build the html href link with a beast mode. It would look something like this:

CONCAT('<a href=',`Linkfieldname`,' target=_blank>',Linkfieldname,'</a>')

• Dybi
    Options

Hi Mark,

thank you very much - now I can drill down but I am running into following difficulties:

1. Drilling works only if the chart is in expand view
    2. Drilling returns me all links for a category - I would expect link only for that specific City. I have unique latitude and longitude information available. Is there a way that DOMO would recognize it?

Best regards
    Dybi

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

For #1, you need to change the interaction filters for the card in your dashboard settings.

For #2, the chart uses the series for the filter for drilling. You would need to have your city in your series for it to filter like you want.

• Dybi
    Options

Hi Mark,

thank you very much.
    My last question is: do you have somewhere an instruction, that would explain how to adjust the filter settings? I will also do research, but if you know a good one, I would be glad to have a look.

Thank you very much,

Dybi