Domo Python SDK

Options

I have been using the Python SDK to send csv data to Domo via API using the data_import_from_file and have done so successfully. However, I also need to send xlsx files to Domo, but have not been able to successfully do so using the same method. Is the method capable of sending xlsx data using this method?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

data_import_from_file only supports CSV files. If your data in a structure other than a non-tabular format? How does the format break?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

I would use Domo Workbench. It's easy to setup and you can schedule it.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• GrantSmith
    Options

You can utilize python packages such as pandas to read the excel file and convert it to a csv and then upload it to Domo that way.

• ademahad
    Options

@GrantSmith Is it not possible to send and xlsx file using this method. I require the file to stay as in xlsx format.

• GrantSmith
    Options

You can keep the format as xlsx I’m just recommending making a copy of the xlsx as a csv and uploading that copy

• ademahad
    Options

I have been working with a xslx file and converting it to csv makes my data unreadable and breaks its format. That is why I need to upload directly as a xlsx file and am asking if the data_import_from_file is capable of that or does it only upload csv files?

• MGDOJO
    Options

Try using work bench if you can. Most of the other connectors have much lower file size limits.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

data_import_from_file only supports CSV files. If your data in a structure other than a non-tabular format? How does the format break?