Window function beastmode error-ing

Options

I had a beastmode that worked (attached below), but now it doesn't work. The beastmode is intended to calculate a 12 week average for a KPI we track in the business.

On the card where I'm using the beastmode, the card does not load and I get this error: "An issue has occurred during processing. We are unable to complete the request at this time."

Any idea how this went from working to not working?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would check to see if any of your column names changed recently. I also wonder if you really want the NULLIF in there or not. Do you want to potentially divide NULL by 12? Or even 0 divided by 12? You may want to re-visit that portion of your logic.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@AO3 The error is likely due to using NULLIF instead of IFNULL at the beginning of your function. If it is still giving you issues after that, then I'd suggest reformatting your function to an AVG window function with 12 rows preceding instead of 12 LAG window functions.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would check to see if any of your column names changed recently. I also wonder if you really want the NULLIF in there or not. Do you want to potentially divide NULL by 12? Or even 0 divided by 12? You may want to re-visit that portion of your logic.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@AO3 The error is likely due to using NULLIF instead of IFNULL at the beginning of your function. If it is still giving you issues after that, then I'd suggest reformatting your function to an AVG window function with 12 rows preceding instead of 12 LAG window functions.