True/False Beast Mode Syntax

Options

Hi All,

I am currently working with two joined datasets. Each dataset has a date for each row that gets added. I have outer joined those datasets and am now trying to make sure that the number of date entries are the same in each data set.

I can visually tell that they are the same but I am trying to write a beast mode to confirm via a true/false output.

Because one of the datasets takes a bit longer to trickle all of the information in, I need to make sure the number of rows are the same from the same day of the prior week. (i.e. does September 7th match with September 7th)

Here is the beast mode I have so far.

Any suggestions on how to correct this syntax?

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your COUNT doesn't like the condition, you need to return a value for it to count and not a logical expression.

COUNT(CASE WHEN [your condition] THEN 1 END)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your COUNT doesn't like the condition, you need to return a value for it to count and not a logical expression.

COUNT(CASE WHEN [your condition] THEN 1 END)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • damen
    damen Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

Ok, so I changed it to this and that worked. I can go day by day on the calendar filter on the card and get a 1 or a 0 but how to do make the beast mode look at a specific day. In this case, i want to day to be 7 days behind.

@GrantSmith

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!