Beast Mode Combining Columns

Stu5677
Stu5677 Member
edited March 2023 in Beast Mode

I need help figuring out if I am doing this beast mode correctly… We have an ETL that is not calcualting the sum correctly, so I am trying to use a beast mode instead..

I have 6 Columns I need the sum of divided by 6 more columns to equal the AVG

I have tried several differnt ways to complete this - each column has value 0-5for the raiting and the count is 0-1. So an example of the final avg I am trying to get would be the SUM of the first 6 columns (5+5+5+5+5+5) / SUM of the last 6 (1+1+1+1+1+1) SO (30/6) = 5 (The 5 is what I am trying to get to) . Is there an easy way to do this?

SUM(Employee_Benefit_Understanding_Rating__c+ Communication_Clarity_Rating__c) / SUM(Communication_ClarityCount+ BCS_Respect_and_CourtesyCount)

Answers

• @Stucker Try removing the CONCAT functions in your formula since that will prevent your calculation from seeing your fields as a number. Also, do any of your 6 columns have null values? If so, you will need to wrap each field in an IFNULL(`fieldname`,0) since adding nulls across the same row will cause values for the entire row to return null