Table card subtotals - allow blank labels

creed
creed Domo Employee
edited March 13 in Charting Ideas

I often use subtotals in mega tables/pivot tables to group child rows together, regardless if I'm aggregating totals or not. I've found that being able to suppress the subtotal label text (e.g., "TOTAL") would make the tables look much cleaner.

I don't see a way to complete omit the label so I usually put some small character in the property, but it still looks a little cluttered.

It would be great to have an option to omit the label altogether and just show the value of the column being grouped in the subtotal without any label.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I have similar problem, it would be good to hid label if "Show Subtotal Rows " is not selected

• I would probably suggest a pipe | instead of a dash because that looks like a negative sign

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Empty characters to the rescue. Copy and paste from https://emptycharacter.com/ - I use manual copy method. Works a treat for any labels including rows and measures. Tidies up a pivot table nicely when the rows our self explanatory etc. Would be nice for this to be an inbuilt feature. (Note to readers not familiar with this, spaces get gobbled away and not persisted so a single space is not the answer).

• creed
    creed Domo Employee

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"