Where can I find the Description when you save a dataflow

Byboth
Byboth Contributor

I would like to create a card showing the changes to dataflows and the description. I have looked in domo stats and also domo governance and dont see it.

I am looking for the comment you add before you save. Not the description of the dataflow that you put along with the title.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

You can view the save comments on the Version tab of the dataflow's page. There isn't a governance dataset that contains the information though.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

You can view the save comments on the Version tab of the dataflow's page. There isn't a governance dataset that contains the information though.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Byboth
    Byboth Contributor

Shoot, I am going to create a request to add that

• Byboth
    Byboth Contributor

I think you can maybe write something to get them out via api or cli.

• brycec
    brycec Contributor

You can get this information via the Domo API.
    Request URL:
    https://<company>.domo.com/api/dataprocessing/v1/dataflows/<DataFlow ID>/versions, where the DataFlow ID is a couple of digit number from DomoStats, not the DAP DataFlow ID that is a GUID in the URL.
    Authentication: Header named X-DOMO-Developer-Token with the value of a token generated from Admin > Access Tokens.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• Is there any update on this topic - would be great to have some kind of version control to view the changes etc in a more dynamic flow. Can we maybe connect DomoDataflows to Github for version controlling and more details?