Triggering/Scheduling DOMO Jupyter Workspace Files/Notebooks

user09644
user09644 Member
edited March 2023 in Jupyter Workspaces

Is there a way to schedule the execution of IPYNB files within Jupyter Workspaces in DOMO? The interface is awesome, and I love that I can utilize the full power of Jupyter notebooks, but it's a bit frustrating to have to manually run the scripts. Ideally I would like to be able to either run them on a schedule or trigger them based upon some other factor. Appreciate the input.

Answers

• Hi @user09644

Currently you can't schedule execution of a Jupyter notebook. Though notebooks are typically for exploration - can you convert your notebook to a python script and either utilize the Python tile (if you have that premium feature - I'm assuming you do since you have notebooks) within an ETL or a python script utilizing the Domo API?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thanks for the response @GrantSmith . I was hoping to be able to schedule the Jupyter notebook to execute directly since I am able to use many more third party extensions than are available within the Domo Python tile. I will most likely end up using a python script directly with the Domo API to achieve what I am trying to. Thought it would be nice to keep everything centralized in Domo if possible.

• @user09644 ,

@GrantSmith is correct, Jupyter Notebooks cannot be integrated into an automated pipeline by design.

The tool for pipeline automation would be the MagicETL scripting tiles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhj9zcwai98

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • UPDATE -- @user09644 this feature was released at DP22. It's now possible (and frankly IMHO there's no reason to use Python or R tiles in Magic Dataflows anymore!

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047400753-Jupyter-Workspaces#4.4.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"