PDP: Using Not Equal To a Value

Sam_Y
Sam_Y Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I have a column that needs to be used in PDP.  There are 26 values in the column (that may get renamed or added to a few times a year).  I have a group that needs all the Values except  for 1.  I am wary of adding the permission and selecting the other 25 currently available given there may be a change in the column values that are not captured.  Is there a way to use "Not Equal To" in PDP?  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user045611 ,

An exclusion option isn't an option with PDP. Likely this is because of security reasons because it's better to not give access to all the data and have someone request more access rather than assuming they should have access when a new value gets added and they see data elements they shouldn't have access to because that new value wasn't in the exclusion list. This is why PDP likely does it by inclusion only.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user045611 ,

An exclusion option isn't an option with PDP. Likely this is because of security reasons because it's better to not give access to all the data and have someone request more access rather than assuming they should have access when a new value gets added and they see data elements they shouldn't have access to because that new value wasn't in the exclusion list. This is why PDP likely does it by inclusion only.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thanks @GrantSmith !  I ended up creating a flag in the data set to leverage.

• @Sam_Y hi I have a similar problem, could you share with me how did you resolved it?