WMS option for lat/long map background

Options

I have a number of data points that are being displayed on a Lat/Long map but there isn't a lot of context to understand where they occur due to their disparate spatial occurrences and that zooming in to them removes all context of where they are. Is it possible to overlap the Lat/Long points over a WMS or other map tile layer that I can provide?

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

In stock Domo, AFAIK it's not possible to add layers in addition to the base Lat / Long chart type. 

You can create your own custom visualizations as SVGs, but then instead of mapping a lat / long, you have to code lat/long to correspond to a named polygon in the SVG

https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/KPI_Cards/Building_Each_Chart_Type/Custom_Charts

I know that's not what you asked.  I suppose your next best bet would be to try to build a custom app that's an internal method / API for geocoding or plotting locations over bespoke layers (like a floorplan).

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

In stock Domo, AFAIK it's not possible to add layers in addition to the base Lat / Long chart type. 

You can create your own custom visualizations as SVGs, but then instead of mapping a lat / long, you have to code lat/long to correspond to a named polygon in the SVG

https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/KPI_Cards/Building_Each_Chart_Type/Custom_Charts

I know that's not what you asked.  I suppose your next best bet would be to try to build a custom app that's an internal method / API for geocoding or plotting locations over bespoke layers (like a floorplan).

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.