Call-out or highlight cards on story dashboard

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to call-out or highlight one or more cards on a story dashboard to draw attention to those cards.  Initial thoughts have been to add an icon/badge or a border to the card but I haven't been able to find any such functionality.

Is there a way of adding a visual cue to a dashboard to draw the viewer to certain cards?

Thanks

James

Best Answer

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor
    Answer ✓

A simple way I can think of would be to change the background color on the cards you want to draw focus to. Something along the lines of a yellow card on a white background would surly draw the attention of viewers.  2020-01-23 08_33_33-FSR MDI Dashboard - Domo.png

Answers

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor
    Answer ✓

A simple way I can think of would be to change the background color on the cards you want to draw focus to. Something along the lines of a yellow card on a white background would surly draw the attention of viewers.  2020-01-23 08_33_33-FSR MDI Dashboard - Domo.png

• Hi @user047493 ,

I agree with @Cartergan, the background color is a great way to draw attention to the cards you want to emphasize. Another good rule of thumb is to design the layout of the dashboard so that the most imporant visuals are on the top left, since this is how we're accustomed to reading from left to right and top to bottom. 

This discussion has been closed.