Adding totals based on titles

hi,

I am trying to group together user totals based on their adjacent column title I have tried groups and cases but cant get this to work.  My latest attempt is below, can anyone help.

SUM(
CASE
when `PS Variable Stub`="ADenabled" or `PS Variable Stub`="O365enabled" then `GUID_ User Count`
else 0
End
)

Thanks

Best Answer

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

You seem to have been on the right track, I didn't really need to do anything different than you did.

Here are my results based on your sample data

Dojo Help 200.JPG

Total Active Accounts:

SUM(
    (CASE
    WHEN `PS Variable Stub` = 'TOTALADaccounts' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'totalO365accounts' THEN `UPN: User Count`

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

No MFA:

SUM(
    (CASE
    WHEN `PS Variable Stub` = 'EnabledInMFAExclude' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'O365MFANotOnAccountRequired' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'O365MFAExclude' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'O365MFANotOnAccountRequired' THEN `UPN: User Count`

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

Internet Blocked Accounts:

SUM(
    (CASE
    WHEN `PS Variable Stub` = 'TOTALADaccounts' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'totalO365accounts' THEN `UPN: User Count`

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

-

SUM(
    (CASE
    WHEN `PS Variable Stub` = 'EnabledInMFAExclude' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'O365MFANotOnAccountRequired' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'O365MFAExclude' OR `PS Variable Stub` = 'O365MFANotOnAccountRequired' THEN `UPN: User Count`

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

-

SUM(
    (CASE
    WHEN `PS Variable Stub` = 'EnabledWithMFA' THEN `UPN: User Count`
    ELSE 0
    END)
    )

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Answers

• Can you provide any sample data that I can test with? And the numbers you expect to see?

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • hi,

thanks, basically our of AD i can get a number of AD/O365 I can get totals but need to merge some together into totals i.e.

TOTALADaccounts+totalO365accounts=total Active Accounts

EnabledInMFAExclude+O365MFANotOnAccountRequired+O365MFAExclude+O365MFANotOnAccountRequired=No MFA

total Accounts-NoMFA-EnabledWithMFA=Internet blocked accounts

PS Variable StubUPN: User Count
    TOTALADaccounts912
    EnabledInMFAExclude2
    EnabledWithMFA281
    O365MFANotOnAccountRequired1
    totalO365accounts39
    O365MFAExclude34
    O365MFANotOnAccountRequired5

Numbers and titles have been randomised but you get the jist

thanks

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

You seem to have been on the right track, I didn't really need to do anything different than you did.

Here are my results based on your sample data

Dojo Help 200.JPG

Total Active Accounts:

SUM(
    (CASE

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

No MFA:

SUM(
    (CASE

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

Internet Blocked Accounts:

SUM(
    (CASE

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

-

SUM(
    (CASE

ELSE 0
    END)
    )

-

SUM(
    (CASE
    WHEN `PS Variable Stub` = 'EnabledWithMFA' THEN `UPN: User Count`
    ELSE 0
    END)
    )

• Great thanks, Looks like I was mainly missing some brakets!