Using a Beast Mode Calculation in Summary Number

Hi,

I'm trying to create a beast mode that will allow me to use CASE WHEN COUNT as a summary number and I'm having some trouble. I've tried this with SUM and AVG in front. I've tried subtracting the Like count from the Not Like count. I'm not sure how to turn this into an aggregation so that I can use it in the summary. Thoughts?

(CASE WHEN `Primary DNS` NOT LIKE '208.67.222.222' THEN COUNT(`Serial Number`) END)

Best Answer

• KVincent
    KVincent Member
    Answer ✓

You can control the aggregation in the the beast mode function itself. I would write a new beast mode that would be 

(CASE WHEN `Primary DNS` NOT LIKE '208.67.222.222' THEN 'Yes' END)

I would then put this beastmode in your summary number and choose the count function under the field and function option.

I would think that it would not count the null value. Let me know if this works.

Answers

• KVincent
    KVincent Member
    Answer ✓

You can control the aggregation in the the beast mode function itself. I would write a new beast mode that would be 

(CASE WHEN `Primary DNS` NOT LIKE '208.67.222.222' THEN 'Yes' END)

I would then put this beastmode in your summary number and choose the count function under the field and function option.

I would think that it would not count the null value. Let me know if this works.

• That did work when I put the COUNT around it. Thanks so much. 

• Glad I could help!