Calculated field in a new Best Mode calculation

Hello,

If a created a new calculate fied caled 'Data Calculated' can I use is for another calculation? 

When I am writing the formula below, I get A column in this calculation did not exist.

case when `= Data Calculated` = 'test' then '1' else 0 end

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

The only way to reference a calculated field would be to either use the entire original Beast Mode in the next calculated field (referenced variables are not currently supported).

The other option would be to build the first calculated column into the ETL process and have it calculted beforehand and then reference the new column name.

Hope one of those helps solve your issue,

ValiantSpur

Answers

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

The only way to reference a calculated field would be to either use the entire original Beast Mode in the next calculated field (referenced variables are not currently supported).

The other option would be to build the first calculated column into the ETL process and have it calculted beforehand and then reference the new column name.

ValiantSpur

• Lara
    Lara Member

Thank you fro your help!!  I will try with the ETL process 

@Valiant wrote:

ValiantSpur

• Hi, how does one view the entire origional Beast Mode?

• Hi, how does one find the enitre origional Best Mode? When I open Beast Mode it opens a blank workspace.

Thanks!