custom App data filter

Is there a way to add a filter to the data being pulled when changing the data source on a custom app created in AI?

Basicly I have created a custom app with two tables in AI. 

I uploaded to custom app to my domo site, And am brought into the add card section after uploading, where I change the data set its looking at from the default data set to my live data.  

Then I set the columns to the wanted values in the new database. But before I can get done the system locks up for quite a while as its trying to display millions of records.  

What I want to do it add a filter to only show records for yesterday or some other value so its not trying to load millions of records.   Is this possilbe or do I have have to do a ETL to pre filter the rows when working with custom apps?

Comments

• I have only seen it work successfully when you  do almost all of the filtering in dataflows before AI gets ahold of the data.  Last time I tried I could let the card do simple operations like sums, but I had to do a bit of dataflow work to prepare the data.

You may have to experiment until you find a method that works for you.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @Wakagashira, did @AS's reply help you out?

This discussion has been closed.