how do i connect my mysql db using ssh tunnel?

how do i connect my mysql db using ssh tunnel?

My mysql db is hosted on AWS - but it sits in a private network and can be accessed through my EC2 server that sits in a public network. 

The way we access it today through Mysql is through SSH connection. And when we use tableau - we use SSH tunnel. 

We would like to move to Domo as asap and throw away Tableau - but having a hard time connecting right now.

Best Answer

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@sharad We have a specific connector for MySQL SSH connections.  It currently isn't customer facing, but if you would like access to it contact Domo support and they should be able to help you.

Thanks,

Sam

I am no longer with Domo. Please @mention @Millhouse for connector specific questions.

Answers

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@sharad We have a specific connector for MySQL SSH connections.  It currently isn't customer facing, but if you would like access to it contact Domo support and they should be able to help you.

Thanks,

Sam

I am no longer with Domo. Please @mention @Millhouse for connector specific questions.
  • Thanks Sam. Let me reach out to them and see what happens.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@sharad, please keep us updated!

• Yeah - so they gave me the connections and we are all set. Thanks so much.

• Using SSH for your MySQL connection and Domo making a VPN connection are two different problems.

How did Domo make the VPN connection to your private AWS Cloud?  Is there a property panel where you enter VPN connection information to establish the private network connectivity first?