Tagging Non-existent Data as Expired

PDD
PDD Member

Hi All, I'm working on identifying and tagging orders that already expired given a particular period. Our dataset captures data from active orders based on contract end dates. What I am having issues on is being able to tag the orders as expired because those are no longer being captured by the dataset. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Answers

• I would suggest capturing your data using recursion or some other method…as a snapshot. This would let you compare it with the current data. You can use the contract date to see if the order expired, even if its no longer in your dataset. You can join the current with the historical snapshots to compare and identify which orders no longer exist….appear in the active dataset. And thus consider those expired.

Search Google for "Domo recursion" if you need background on what recursion is and how to implement it in an ETL.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• Where is your data coming from? What connector (if any) are you using in Domo? You may be able to avoid build a recursive dataset depending on how you are ingesting the data. You can use the "Append" update method instead of "replace" on many connectors in Domo. If not, @ArborRose method is the option.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above