Alert set up

vaco
vaco Member

Hi, I have a card that is filtered by product_id. I want to set up an alert, so that if the calculated rate for any product_id is less or equal to 10% then I get an alert. For example, there are 3 product_id 10, 11, 12, and the calculated rate is the summary number. I set up the alert, but it looks like I am getting the alert for the average rate of the 3 product ids. Is it possible to set up the alert to get notification for each product_id if the rate is less or equal than 10% using 1 card or do I need to create 3 cards? Thanks

Best Answer

• DanHendriksen
    DanHendriksen Domo Employee
    edited July 22 Answer ✓

Something like this. Obviously I just chose something random, but this is how you create a filtered alert on a dataset.

Answers

• What you want to do is create a beast mode that creates a flag of 1 when your condition is met. Then use an aggregation of that beast mode in your summary number, and set the condition of the alert to be when > 1.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

• vaco
    vaco Member

Thanks @david_cunningham , I tried to create a beast mode but it is not working. Maybe the issue is my beast mode. Please see the beast mode below. I get 1 for everything, but it should be 0 because all the rates are greater than 10%.

case

when (case when `product_id` = 10 then `Rate_calc` else 0 end) <= 0.1

or (case when `product_id` = 11 then Rate_calc` else 0 end) <= 0.1

or (case when `product_id` = 12 then Rate_calc` else 0 end) <= 0.1

then 1

else 0 end

• DanHendriksen

Vaco, if I wanted to do this, I would probably quickly create a dataset view that had the aggregated view you wanted, then create a dataset alert with filter rules. THen you could get an alert that says something like:

Product 3 has dropped below 10%, and is currently at 8%. Something far more descriptive.

If you want to fix your best mode, I'd ditch all the nested case statements. That isn't going to allow your alert to tell you which product is off though, which is what it sounds like you're after.

• vaco
    vaco Member

thanks @DanHendriksen , I created a test dataset first to see if it works, but the alert setting is the same. In this case the aggregated column is profit margin, so I selected profit margin and then sum because I don't see the option for no aggregation. There is no option for me to select product_id. Please see the images below. thanks

• DanHendriksen

I would use the options up higher in screenshot 1, and would do it around a value changing and a filter.

• vaco
    vaco Member

Hi @DanHendriksen , I don't understand your explanation. There is no place in alert to add a filter, and the alert is now on the dataset not the card. Thanks

• DanHendriksen
    edited July 22 Answer ✓

Something like this. Obviously I just chose something random, but this is how you create a filtered alert on a dataset.

• vaco
    vaco Member

Great! thanks @DanHendriksen!