Building User-Generated Card

Options

I've had a request from a stakeholder to build a dynamic card that updates a chart based on their selection of metrics. For example, the dimension may always be DATE but the user wants to be able to select from Digital Impressions, Link Clicks, and Web Visits as the metrics. And the user wants to be able to toggle between adding as many metrics to the chart as they want. Best practice aside, is this possible? I've tried using variables, DDX Bricks, and Sumo Tables, but wanted to source other ideas. Thanks!

Best Answer

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can achieve part of this with variables.

If you set up a variable with your column names.

You can then build a beast mode that references that variable. Make sure that the text matches the options you set up in your variable.

Then if you use that beast mode on your card, you can let users select what they want. In the below example I toggle between Status and Priority for my series.

Now, I'm not sure about the multi-select part of your question. Someone else might have an idea there, but as far as I know, variables are single select, and there isn't a way to change this.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

Answers

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can achieve part of this with variables.

If you set up a variable with your column names.

You can then build a beast mode that references that variable. Make sure that the text matches the options you set up in your variable.

Then if you use that beast mode on your card, you can let users select what they want. In the below example I toggle between Status and Priority for my series.

Now, I'm not sure about the multi-select part of your question. Someone else might have an idea there, but as far as I know, variables are single select, and there isn't a way to change this.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

• scollins
    scollins Member
    Options

Thanks, David. That's been the recommended path I've taken for asks like this. I'm hoping that there was maybe something I was missing that'd help me select multiple metrics. Thanks for the feedback!