Turn on/off Magic ETL tiles

Options

It would be really helpful to have the ability to turn on/off Magic ETL tiles. This is the equivalent of commenting out lines in a SQL dataflow so they don't execute when the dataflow runs but the effort in that section of the ETL is not lost and can easily be re-added.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Tagged:
11 votes

In Review · Last Updated

This is an idea I've been deeply interested in as well, and I do have it on my backlog. With this additional signal, I will review this with the team again. Thank you for surfacing this!

Comments

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

This has been brought up before. Can we merge these topics? @AnnaYardley

Also, can we get an update? Because this is a great idea!

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • DataMaven
    Options

We have been asking for this quite noisily for YEARS! Some day…SOME DAY! @BenSchein

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • AndreaLovesData
    AndreaLovesData Domo Product Manager
    Options

This is an idea I've been deeply interested in as well, as a heavy Magic user myself. I do have it on my backlog, but with this additional signal, I will review this with the team again. Thank you for surfacing this!

I have a lot of ideas along this vein, including better commenting in general, grouping/boxing of tiles together, markup on the canvas etc.

Domo Product Manager for Data Transformation (MagicETL)