How to indicate the time of last dataset update in card title

Options

In the title of a card I would like it to state the date and time of the last update of the dataset. Using the Smart Text option, I am only able to achieve "My Dataset - last updated 1 hour ago". What I want is "My Dataset - last updated 9am 12/8/2023". Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can Magic ETL and combine your dataset with the Governance Datasets dataset based on your dataset ID to include the last updated at timestamp in your dataset and then reference it in your card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Definitely worth adding an idea in the ideas exchange to allow for more options in display the last updated dated using the smart text option.

Another option would be to use the formula tile in your ETL and create a field called last updated has this in the formula:

NOW()

that would store the timestamp of when the ETL ran.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, that's true. If this is part of a dashboard, here is what I have typically done:

I will stack a dynamic textbox card on top of my main card and use the dynamic textbox card features to display the date.

• travorhouse
    travorhouse Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DomoAmateur, alternatively, you can also display this in the summary number. With the column that contains the last time your dataset was updated, create a beast mode like the one below. In order for you to display it in the summary number, your calculation must contain an aggregate, which in this case is max. However, it can be any kind of aggregate since your field is most likely a constant. Then, concat helps display the field as text.

Here's what it will look like:

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can Magic ETL and combine your dataset with the Governance Datasets dataset based on your dataset ID to include the last updated at timestamp in your dataset and then reference it in your card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Definitely worth adding an idea in the ideas exchange to allow for more options in display the last updated dated using the smart text option.

Another option would be to use the formula tile in your ETL and create a field called last updated has this in the formula:

NOW()

that would store the timestamp of when the ETL ran.

• DomoAmateur
    Options

Thank you - I have now created a column that has the datetime when the dataset was last updated. Is it possible to include that in the card title?

• Drag that field into the filters section and select that value. It will be the only value. Then, go the smart text and choose filters and select that field. That should add it to the title.

• DomoAmateur
    Options

In my case I need the title to update every time the dataset updates (which is daily). So I can't hard-code a filter to include all the data. Is there another way?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, that's true. If this is part of a dashboard, here is what I have typically done:

I will stack a dynamic textbox card on top of my main card and use the dynamic textbox card features to display the date.

• travorhouse
    travorhouse Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DomoAmateur, alternatively, you can also display this in the summary number. With the column that contains the last time your dataset was updated, create a beast mode like the one below. In order for you to display it in the summary number, your calculation must contain an aggregate, which in this case is max. However, it can be any kind of aggregate since your field is most likely a constant. Then, concat helps display the field as text.

Here's what it will look like: