How to use Hyperlinks in Tables

Options
Below I have been given some code by my dev team to add to a table that is to act like a popup window when the user clicks on a certain record on that table.
Is there a way to do this in domo?

<button onclick="window.parent.postMessage({ type: '___', value: '12' }, '*')">____: 12</button>
onclick="window.parent.postMessage({ type: '____', value: '12' }, '*')

Best Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Airwon , hey there! Are you talking about a link url that when clicked opens a new browser?

IFNULL(CONCAT('<a href="', `LINK FIELD`, '" target="_blank" >Link</a>'), 'No Link Available')

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

The standard table card would allow you to use HTML to display a hyperlink. For more customization and options, you would probably need to investigate using a Domo Brick.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a way to make a single card link to another webpage, but I am not aware of a method to have each element in a table act as a hyperlink.

If the number of links you are displaying is relatively small, I suggest making text cards in a dashboard, then changing the interaction through the dashboard editor to take you to the specified link in a new window when clicked.

We make heavy use of this functionality in our domo instance to navigate through dashboards.

Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Airwon , hey there! Are you talking about a link url that when clicked opens a new browser?

IFNULL(CONCAT('<a href="', `LINK FIELD`, '" target="_blank" >Link</a>'), 'No Link Available')

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

The standard table card would allow you to use HTML to display a hyperlink. For more customization and options, you would probably need to investigate using a Domo Brick.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a way to make a single card link to another webpage, but I am not aware of a method to have each element in a table act as a hyperlink.

If the number of links you are displaying is relatively small, I suggest making text cards in a dashboard, then changing the interaction through the dashboard editor to take you to the specified link in a new window when clicked.

We make heavy use of this functionality in our domo instance to navigate through dashboards.