Creating drilldown with implicit filter

Options

Please don't read too much into the question title… This is a probably a pretty basic thing that I'm just overlooking. I have a very simple table dealing with helpdesk tickets. The columns are Group, Status, and Count. Group is simply the name of the group that handles the ticket, Status is things like Open, Closed, etc. Count, of course, is the number of tickets that meet the other 2 columns' conditions— for example, there are 7 Open tickets assigned to Group B. I have created a drill-through table which shows individual tickets.

Desired behavior: When the user clicks on a row, the relevant tickets for that row are displayed. In the example above, the 7 Open Group B tickets would be displayed.

Current behavior: Clicking on the table loads the same table in another tab. Clicking on that table shows rows filtered only by the one field. So, if I click on "Group B" in the Group B Open row, I see all Group B tickets, regardless of status. If I click on "Open" in the same row, I see all open tickets, regardless of group ownership. If I click on the number, I get nothing because it's trying to show me all tickets in a group called "7".

I think I'm fundamentally misunderstanding how the filters apply to drilldowns… Thank you in advance for any advice, and have a great day.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@froghunter If I understand correctly, you want the drill to be filtered by both Group and Status. Mega table cards are set up to only filter the drill based on the value that the user clicks (i.e. if you click on the word "Open", it will include all rows where Status = 'Open'), but if you switch to a Pivot Table card it will allow you to drill by both dimensions

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@froghunter If I understand correctly, you want the drill to be filtered by both Group and Status. Mega table cards are set up to only filter the drill based on the value that the user clicks (i.e. if you click on the word "Open", it will include all rows where Status = 'Open'), but if you switch to a Pivot Table card it will allow you to drill by both dimensions

• froghunter
    froghunter Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you. It makes sense that a Pivot Table would preserve filtering. It still isn't working, since for some reason the count of Group that I'm using as the Value is simply displaying the name of the group. But it's a step in the right direction.

Update: All done! It required a little data magic to get a valid counter, but it works now. Thanks again.