Email Notifications to Users

Options

Has anyone ever had issues with users not getting emails from Domo? I have a handful of users, all from the same department, not getting scheduled reports. When I started looking into it I found they are not getting anything from Domo, no notification or reports. I checked their profile settings and notification settings and nothing seems wrong. I go to manually send them something and put myself and their emails and I get the email but they don't. They are using Outlook and they don't seem to have Domo blocked and its not going to junk. I have no clue what is going on.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have recently seen Domo e-mails being help up in our Exchange Server's Quarantine which require your IT admin do release them before they would even have the chance to show up in a user's Outlook. If your organization is using Office 365, this would be in the Office 365 Admin Center.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have any other firewalls in place or a spam server that might be filtering the emails? As @MichelleH and @MarkSnodgrass have mentioned it's typically a network issue that your IT team will need to get involved with as they can typically monitor the traffic and shed some more light on the missing emails.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@Ashleigh Are these users on a different Outlook server than the rest of your users? I've occasionally had issues with scheduled report emails not making it to external users too, and we've had to have their network admin whitelist the notifications@domo.com email address for them

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have recently seen Domo e-mails being help up in our Exchange Server's Quarantine which require your IT admin do release them before they would even have the chance to show up in a user's Outlook. If your organization is using Office 365, this would be in the Office 365 Admin Center.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have any other firewalls in place or a spam server that might be filtering the emails? As @MichelleH and @MarkSnodgrass have mentioned it's typically a network issue that your IT team will need to get involved with as they can typically monitor the traffic and shed some more light on the missing emails.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • trafalger
    Options

You can also normally give your IT team a list of emails/dates and recepients and they can confirm if it got there. I went down this rabbit hole with a client's IT, and they weren't even hitting their email servers. Domo support finally told me that 5/7 people all unsubscribed within seconds of each other but also this never appeared in the activity log. I think maybe some server-based anti-virus accidentally unsubscribed them or something.

• Ashleigh
    Options

After investigating we have discovered they were in Quarantine. My IT person said the emails are coming from "not domo" and that the authentication that proves that the source is "valid" and authorized by domo doesn't match their records. I am not entirely sure what this means but it was weird that it was only effecting a handful of users, including our IT people lol. Thank you all for the assist!

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!