Undo button in Magic ETL

MarkSnodgrass
edited October 2023 in Magic ETL Ideas

The addition of the undo button in the Analzyer has been extremely helpful. I would ask that an undo button be added to Magic ETL as well. This would help people who accidentally delete a tile that had a lot of configuration in it. Or if you made a number of changes that don't work and you want to step backwards to get back to where it was working again.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
**Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
Tagged:
75 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Development is underway. ETA for availability is TBD and this thread will be updated as we get closer to early testing.

Comments

• **Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Nothing is more frustrating than making a mistake that would require a ton of interaction to fix, when click a simple undo button would resolve the issue. This is a must-have.

• Commenting for more visibility

• Yep, being half way through a lot of changes, but not wanting to save to Live, with testing via preview, but then you make a mistake of deleting tiles for some reason and…. face plant! Where is the Undo??

• Good idea

• I hit ctrl+z all the time forgetting that it will do NOTHING!

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jefftc92
    Jefftc92 Domo Product Manager

I believe this would be an excellent enhancement for the magic ETL tool. We currently have items in our backlog that aim to provide users with the ability not only to undo operations but also to visualize the changes made during an editing session. Our team carefully evaluates user suggestions, considering their potential impact and feasibility. While I don't have specific details on a timeframe for this feature, I want to assure you that your idea holds importance to us, and we'll take it into serious consideration when planning future updates.

• This is so so needed!

• NateBI
    NateBI Member

Totally Agree! A fundamental feature for any editing tool

• I lost an hour of work today due to an accidental deletion of a string of tiles in an ETL. Please add an undo button to magic ETL!

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above